The playing surface consists of a shared path of spaces (marble holes), along which players move their marbles from their Base to their Home.
● Each player chooses a marble color and places four marbles of that color in the player’s Base spaces.
● Which player chooses which Base does not matter. However, if there are only two players, their Bases should be opposite one another.
● After each player’s turn ends, the die passes clockwise (to the player to the left).
There are a few exceptions when playing as teams. See Team Rules below.
● A move consists of one of the player’s marbles entering the path from the player’s Base, or one of the player’s marbles already on the path moving farther along toward the player’s Home.
● Marbles may only move forward (clockwise) along the path.
● Each player’s path begins at either the “1-Space” or the “6-Space” to the left of the player’s Base, and continues clockwise around the board to the player’s Home, which sits directly above the player’s Base.
● If a 1 is rolled, a player may either:
○ bring out a new Base marble onto the path at the 1-Space. Turn ends.
○ move any marble already on the path forward 1 space. Turn ends.
● If a 6 is rolled, a player may either:
○ bring out a new Base marble onto the path at the 6-Space. Player rolls again.
○ move any marble already on the path forward 6 spaces. Player rolls again.
● If a 2, 3, 4, or 5 is rolled, a player may move any marble already on the path forward the corresponding number of spaces. For example, if player rolls a 4, the player’s marble is moved 4 spaces forward along the path. Turn ends.
● A move MUST be made, if possible. Player cannot decline to make a move.
● If a player cannot enter Home on an exact roll, and the player has no other legal moves, then the player must wait on the path until the player’s next turn.
● For Individual play
○ Once all of one player's marbles are Home, that player wins and the game is over.
○ Optional: Remaining players may continue playing to decide second place, etc.
● For Team play (see Team Play below)
○ The winning Team is the first team to move all of the team members’ marbles from their Bases to their respective Homes.
● For 4 players, the game may be played as individuals or as 2 teams (2 players per team).
● For 6 players, the game may be played as individuals, as 2 teams (3 players per team), or as 3 teams (2 players per team).
● In choosing Bases, ensure team members alternate Bases with non-team members.
● In team play, once a team member has safely moved all 4 marbles Home, that team member must continue to take turns, using their rolls to move their partner's marbles.
● If I have no marbles on the path, and I roll a 1 or a 6, do I have to bring out a marble even if I don’t wish to? Yes.
● What if I roll the die, but I have no legal moves possible? You pass the die and your turn ends (unless you rolled a 6, in which case you are allowed an additional roll).
● What if I roll a 6, I move, and then I roll another 6? As long as you continue to roll a 6, your turn does not end unless you have no further moves.
● If I roll a 1, 2, or 3, can I move a marble already in my Home to another available slot in my Home, either forwards or backwards? Go for it! (Trying to think of a reason you’d want to ...)